Thanks to a generous gift from the New Rochelle Public Library Foundation, patrons of the New Rochelle Public Library may visit many local museums for free (or at a discount) with our Museum Pass Program.
The following museums are currently participating in the program:
- American Museum of Natural History (3 Individual Passes Available and limited to one reservation per household every six months)
- Bruce Museum
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum
- DiMenna Children’s History Museum/New York Historical Society
- Guggenheim Museum
- Hudson River Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Katonah Museum of Art
- MoMA PS1
- Museum of Modern Art
- Museum of the City of New York
- New York City Fire Department Museum
- New York Hall of Science
- New York Transit Museum
- NY State Empire Pass
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children (Discounted)
- Storm King Art Center
- Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling
- The Frick Collection
- The Jewish Museum
- Westchester Children’s Museum
New Rochelle Public Library
Museum Pass Policy
- Museum Passes are available to New Rochelle Public Library adult cardholders with library accounts in good standing.
- Passes may be reserved up to 1 month in advance and patrons may reserve passes using the online reservation system (available on our website here) or by phone (914-813-3718) or in person.
- Passes must be checked out and returned in person to the 1st Floor Information Desk at the main New Rochelle Public Library (located at 1 Library Plaza) no later than 15 minutes before closing time.
- Passes may be checked out for 3 days and may not be renewed.
- Patrons will be charged $10.00 for each day that the pass is overdue.
- Patrons will be charged $10.00 if the pass is returned in the book-drop or to any other library.
- Patrons will be charged the replacement cost of the pass if the pass is not returned within 1 week of the due date.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing the number of people allowed free entry with the Museum Pass that they borrow.
- Patrons are responsible for knowing the operating days and hours of the museum that they plan to visit.
- A person or family may borrow only one pass at a time and are limited to 4 reservations within a 30-day period.
- Per our agreement with the museums, the New Rochelle Public Library requests that a family not use 2 of the family’s library cards to reserve 2 passes to the same museum. Violating this rule may result in cancellation of the reservation and loss of future Museum Pass privileges.
- Patrons must cancel reservations that they cannot keep by contacting the library at 914-813-3718.
- Reservations should be cancelled 24 hours before the patron is scheduled to pick up the pass.
- A reservation that is not cancelled before the pick-up date will count as 1 of the 4 reservations allowed in a 30-day period.
- If a patron does not visit the museum after checking out the Museum Pass, the reservation will still count as 1 of the 4 reservations allowed in a 30-day period.
- The patron who picks up the pass must be the same patron whose name and number are on the reservation.
- When picking up the Museum Pass, the patron will sign a contract agreeing to all rules governing the Museum Pass Program.
- The New Rochelle Public Library reserves the right to refuse to issue a Museum Pass to a New Rochelle patron if the patron does not agree to the terms of the contract or has a history of not returning a pass on the due date or has not paid the late or lost fees that they have incurred.
Adopted by the NRPL Board of Trustees on February 8, 2018.