Friends of the NRPL
The Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library is beginning our next 40 years by continuing support for quality children and adult programming, as well as assisting the Library by contributing to various projects and improving service to the community.
We raise money by selling donated books and media at new Book Store which is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and at our larger Big Book Sales. Become a member of the Friends of the Library at a minimum cost of $10.00 per year and receive the bi-monthly mailing of the Friends Newsletter, and program flyers and calendars that list all upcoming events, children’s programs, classes, concerts and other library activities. Click here to print an application form. Your membership and any additional donation is tax deductible.
Friends Big Book Sales 2020
The Big Book Sales take place each of the dates listed before from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Thursday, February 20 through Saturday, February 22
- Friday and Saturday, April 3 & 4
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 21, 22 & 23
- Wednesday, August 5 through Saturday, August 7
- Friday and Saturday, October 16 & 17
- Thursday, November 5 through Saturday, November 7
- Thursday, December 3 through Saturday, December 5
We generally accept books any time the library is open. There is usually a donation box in the lobby. There some things we don’t accept:
• textbooks over 2 years old
• cassette and vhs tapes
• dated health or business books
• books that are mildewed or otherwise in bad condition.
There is always room for more dedicated individuals. We receive approximately 1,000 books a week. They are sorted, priced and brought up for sale. If you are a “reader” and can classify the books by topic (i.e. Sci Fi, cookbook, bio, etc.) come to the Library when we are open; we will show you how we work and maybe you’ll enjoy being surrounded by wonderful books. Please consider donating some time to support your Library, and call the Friends on (914) 813 3705.