Tax Prep Help 2021AARP Tax aide help will be remote this season (there will be no in-person tax help at the library), requiring clients to use computers, scanners and the internet to complete their returns with them. AARP is offering free tax assistance online through May 17th (the last day to start a new return with them is May 4th, in order to complete all forms by the 17th).
How to receive free tax assistance with AARP:
– Interested taxpayers should contact AARP TaxAide at the phone number listed below. Include your name, phone number, e-mail address and a good time for a volunteer to call you back in your message.
– Tax services at this AARP Tax-Aide location will be available in English only. Taxpayers must have access to, and be able to use a computer, a printer and the internet.
– Taxpayers must scan their tax files and send them by e-mail to a secure AARP TaxAide e-mail account.
– Taxpayers should receive a return call from an AARP TaxAide volunteer within 72 hours to dis cuss the service.
– AARP Tax-Aide will send qualified taxpayers an initial e-mail with detailed instructions about the program and how to scan and submit their tax records. The e-mail will be from: NR/MAM AARP TaxAide.
– IRS certified volunteers will contact taxpayers by Google Meet to discuss and prepare their re turns. After taxpayers approve their returns, they will be submitted electronically for e-filing. be submitted electronically for e-filling.
You can also view the above information on the AARP flyer here.
YOU MUST CONTACT AARP BY PHONE FOR ASSISTANCE AT (914) 222-3661
Refund Info.: 1-800-829-4477
Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/free-tax-return-preparation-for-qualifying-taxpayers
File Your Federal Taxes Online for Free: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
Telephone assistance: Find phone numbers here.
NYS Dept. of Tax and Finance Resources:
Free File your income tax return: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/efile/default.htm